In addition to providing gastrointestinal services for the Midwest region, the physicians of MGI are actively involved in the community:
- Providing complementary meeting space for local community groups, including the Omaha Chapter of the Crohns & Colitis Foundation and the Celiac Society
- Serving the mission of One World Community Health Center, MGI was the proud recipient of the Milagro Award
- Collaborating with area medical societies, such as the Metropolitan Omaha Medical Society and the Nebraska Medical Association
- Assuming medical staff leadership responsibilities at most area hospitals
- Sponsoring community events and promoting community awareness of colon cancer and inflammatory bowel disease with “Rollin’ to Colon” and the CCF Walk
- Responding to requests from area supermarkets in educating the public about dietary problems including celiac disease, lactose intolerance, and obesity
- Participation in local physician educational events
2010 Milagro Award
Dr. Thomas McGinn, on behalf of MGI, accepts the Milagro Award from One World Community Health Centers, Inc.
Rollin to Colon
Dr. Michael Schafer (third from left) and associates at the Rollin’ to Colon bike riding fundraiser.